Southern California has a massive selection of great food spots available. The multitude of different neighborhoods in Los Angeles County lend well to the diverse culture of Southern California. With so many nooks & crannies spread out all over Southern California, locals often overlook places right before their eyes, such as Bacchus Bar & Bistro. Tucked away in the corner of a shopping center in the Quail Hill neighborhood of Irvine, this trendy wine bar caters to a wide demographic of people without feeling too upscale. While the look & feel of a traditional wine bar can intimidate folks who do not have familiarity with wine bars, Bacchus Bar eases that notion with a selection of local craft beer and a television behind the bar that frequently airs sports channels or games. Once a spot for locals to relax after a long and hard day, the addition of gourmet food and craft beer has turned Bacchus Bar into a destination for food fans from all over.
As a wine bar, the food at Bacchus Bar primarily revolves around small eats that pack a punch in order to pair with wine. Not surprising, Bacchus Bar sports charcuterie options perfect for nibbling on while you sip. To kick things up a notch, Bacchus Bar has transformed their small back area into a kitchen where they churn out craft dishes that qualify as a full meal. From their bold appetizers to hearty handhelds, Bacchus Bar exhibits their understanding of umami, the fifth taste. Click here to see their menu, which may change from season to season. Recently, I got to sample a handful of different items at Bacchus Bar:
- Lobster & Chorizo Fondue – delicious! Savory, hearty, and exploding with flavor, I highly recommend starting with this
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Medjool Dates stuffed with goat cheese and topped with Parmesan – extremely rich and meant to pair with wine
- Pork Belly Tacos – terrific Asian-inspired flavor
- Fontina-Stuffed Veal Meatballs – hearty and comforting, but following such potent dishes, this did not have the punch of the other dishes
- Butterscotch Pot de Creme – if you have a sweet tooth, do not skip out on this
Bacchus Bar delivers food that packs a punch, fitting for pairing with wine or beer. If you crave big taste, come dine at Bacchus Bar.